Sabtu, 06 Februari 2010

16 Tenses

1.Simple Present Tense
Use for daily activities

-Verb-
(+)S+V1+O
(-)S+do/does+not+V1+O
(?)Do/does+S+V1+O+?
Example:
(+)She eats everyday
(-)She doesn’t eat everyday
(?)Does she eat everyday?

-Adj-
(+)S+tobe+adj
(-)S+tobe+not+adj
(?)tobe+S+adj+?
Example:
(+)I am late
(-)I am not late
(+)Are you late?

Signal Time:
-Always
-Sometimes
-Seldom
-Often
-Usually
-Today
-Every

2.Simple Past Tense
Use for past event

-Verb-
(+)S+V2+O
(-)S+did+not+V1+O
(?)did+S+V1+O+?
Example:
(+)You played badminton last week
(-)You didn’t play badminton last week
(?)Did you play badminton last week?

-Adj-
(+)S+was/were+adj
(-)S+was/were+not+adj
(?)was/were+S+adj+?

Example:
(+)We were happy yesterday
(-)We weren’t happy yesterday
(?)Were we happy yesterday?

Signal Time:
-Yesterday
-Last week
-Last year
-2 days ago

3.Present Continuous Tense
Use to something that happen now or at the time of speaking

-Verb-
(+)S+to be+V1+ing
(-)S+to be+not+V1+ing
(?)to be+S+V1+ing+?
Example:
(+)I am drawing now
(-)I am not drawing now
(?)Are you drawing now?

-Adj-
(+) S+to be+adj
(-)S+to be+not+adj
(?)to be+S+adj+?
Example:
(+)They are sad now
(-)They aren’t sad now
(?)Are they sad now?

Signal Time:
-now
-at present
-this moment
-right now

4.Present Perfect Tense
Use to explain the action that happened at an unspecified time before now

-Verb-
(+)S+have/has+V3+O
(-)S+has/have+not+V3+O
(?)have/has+S+V3+O+?

Example:
(+)We have eaten noodle
(-)We haven’t eaten noodle
(?)Have we eaten noodle?

-Adj-
(+)S+have/has+been+adj
(-)S+have/has+not+been+adj
(?)have/has+S+been+adj+?
Example:
(+)She has been there since yesterday
(-)She hasn’t been there since yesterday
(?)Has she been there since yesterday?

Signal Time:
-Since
-this month
-lately
-etc

5.Present Perfect Continuous Tense
Used to explain activities which started at the first time and still continue until now

-Verb-
(+)S+have/has+been+V1+ing
(-)S+have/has+not+been+V1+ing
(?)have/has+S+been+V1+ing+?
Example:
(+)She has been driven this car since 5 o’clock
(-)She hasn’t been driven this car since 5 o’clock
(?)Has she been driven this car since 5 o’clock?

-Adj-
(+)S+have/has+been+being+adj
(-)S+have/has+not+been+being+adj
(?)have/has+S+been+being+adj+?
Example:
(+)He has been being angry all morning
(-)He hasn’t been being angry all morning
(?)Has he been being angry all morning?

Signal Time:
-Since
-For
-All morning
-etc




6.Past Continuous Tense
Used to express an event which happening at the past when the other event in the past

-Verb-
(+)S+was/were+V1+ing
(-)S+was/were+not+V1+ing
(?)was/were+S+V1+ing+?
Example:
(+)You were playing football when I came
(-)You weren’t playing football when I came
(?)Were you playing football when I came?

-Adj-
(+)S+was/were+being+adj
(-)S+was/were+not+being+adj
(?)Was/were+S+being+adj+?
Example:
(+)I was being late while you coming to my house
(-)I wasn’t being late while you coming to my house
(?)Were you being late while I coming to your house?

Signal Time:
-When
-While
-As

7.Past Perfect Tense
Used to explain something which have happened at the past

-Verb-
(+)S+had+V3+O
(-)S+had+not+V3+O
(?)Had+S+V3+O
Example:
(+)She had eaten meatball before went to school
(-)She had not eaten meatball before went to school
(?)Had She eaten meatball before went to school?

-Adj-
(+)S+had+been+adj
(-)S+had+not+been+adj
(?)Had+S+been+adj+?
Example:
(+)You had been there a long time before I came
(-)You had not been there a long time before I came
(?)Had you been there a long time before I came?


Signal Time:
-Before
-After
-As soon as

8.Past Perfect Continuous Tense
Used to explain an event that already have done and still continue in the past

-Verb-
(+)S+had+been+V1+ing
(-)S+had+not+been+V1+ing
(?)Had+S+been+V1+ing+?
Example:
(+)I had been sleeping when you came
(-)I had not been sleeping when you came
(?)Had I been sleeping when you came?

-Adj-
(+)S+had+been+being+adj
(-)S+had+not+been+being+adj
(?)Had+S+been+being+adj+?
Example:
(+)I had been being hurt when you hit me
(-)I had not been being hurt when you hit me
(?)Had you been being hurt when I hit you?

Signal Time:
-When
-After
-Before

9.Simple Future Tense
Used to explain an activity which happen on the future

-Verb-
(+)S+shall/will+V1
(-)S+shall/will+not+V1
(?)Shall/will+S+V1+?
Example:
(+)You will go to semarang tomorrow
(-)You will not go to semarang tomorrow
(?)Will you go to semarang tomorrow?

-Adj-
(+)S+shall/will+be+adj
(-)S+shall/will+not+be+adj
(?)Shall/will+S+be+adj+?
Example:
(+)She will be at home tomorrow
(-)She will not be at home tomorrow
(?)will she be at home tomorrow?

Signal Time:
-Tomorrow
-to night
-next week
-before
-when
-until

10.Future Continuous Tense
Used to explain an event which will happening in the future

-Verb-
(+)S+shall/will+be+V1+ing(-)S+shall/will+not+be+V1+ing(?)shall/will+S+be+V1+ing+?
Example:
(+)We shall be watching the movie tomorrow
(-)We shall not be watching the movie tomorrow
(?)Shall we be watching the movie tomorrow?

-Adj-
(+)S+shall/will+be+being+adj(-)S+shall/will+not+be+being+adj(?)Shall/will+S+be+being+adj+?
Example:
(+)They will be being there if you haven’t come(-)They will not be being there if you haven’t come(?)Will they be being there if you haven’t come?

Signal Time:
-while
-when
-if

11.Future Perfect Tense
used to describe an event that has not yet happened but is expected or planned to happen before another stated occurrence

-Verb-
(+)S+shall/will+have+V3(-)S+shall/will+not+have+V3(?)shall/will+S+have+V3+?
Example:
(+)We shall have gone there by tomorrow
(-)We shall not have gone there by tomorrow
(?)Shall we have gone there by tomorrow?

-Adj-
(+)S+shall/will+have+been+adj(-)S+shall/will+not+have+been+adj(?)shall/will+S+have+been+adj+?
Example:
(+)He will have been sick by sunday
(-)He will not have been sick by tomorrow
(?)Will he have been sick by tomorrow?

Signal Time:
-By this week
-by tomorrow
-by sunday

12.Future Perfect Continuous Tense
Used to explain an event that already happened during in the definite period before another event happen in the future

-Verb-
(+)S+shall/will+have+been+Ving(-)S+shall/will+not+have+been+Ving(?)shall/will+have+been+Ving+?
Example:
(+)She will have been studying at junior high school for 3 years
(-)She will not have been studying at junior high school for 3 years
(?)Will she have been studying at junior high school for 3 years?

-Adj-
(+)shall/will+have+been+being+Ving(-)S+shall/will+not+have+been+being+Ving(?)shall/will+have+been+being+Ving+?
Example:
(+)I shall have been being smart in my class for 2 years
(-)I shall not have been being smart in my class for 2 years
(?)Shall I have been being smart in my class for 3 years?

Signal Time:
-By the end of the year

13.Past Future Tense
Used to explain something that would be happened in the past

-Verb-
(+)S+should/would+V1+O(-)S+should/would+not+V1+O(?)should/would+S+V1+O
Example:
(+)I should take a bath the day before
(-)I shouldn’t take a bath the day before
(?)Would you take a bath the day before?

-Adj-
(+)S+should/would+be+adj(-)S+should/would+not+be+adj(?)should/would+S+be+adj+?
Example:
(+)He should be sick if I helped you
(-)He should not be sick if I helped you
(?)Should he be sick if I helped you?

Signal Time:
-The next day
-the day before
-the week before

14.Past Future Continuous Tense
Used to explain an event which will happening in the past

-Verb-
(+)S+should/would+be+Ving(-)S+should/would+not+be+Ving(?)Should/would+S+be+Ving+?
Example:
(+)I should be beginning an examination at this time following day
(-)I shouldn’t be beginning an examination at this time following day
(?)Should I be beginning an examination at this time following day

-Adj-
(+)S+should/would+be+being+adj(-)S+should/would+not+be+being+adj(?)Should/would+S+be+being+adj+?
Example:
(+)They should be being angry on Monday last week
(-)They shouldn’t be being angry on Monday last week
(?)Should they be being angry on Monday last week?

Signal Time:
-at this time following day
-on Sunday last week
-at five yesterday





15.Past Future Perfect Tense
Used to explain something would have done in the past

-Verb-
(+)S+should/would+have+V3+O(-)S+should/would+have+V3+O(?)should/would+S+have+V3+O+?
Example:
(+)I should finished my duties if I work hard
(-)I shouldn’t finished my duties if I work hard
(?)Should I finished my duties if I work hard?

-Adj-
(+)S+should/would+have+been+adj+O(-)S+should/would+have+been+adj+O(?)should/would+S+have+been+adj+O+?
Example:
(+)You would have been happy if I came
(-)You wouldn’t have been happy if I came
(?)Would you have been happy if I came?

Signal Time:
-if

16.Past Future Perfect Continuous Tense
To explain something that would been happening in the past.

-Verb-
(+)S+would/should+have+been+V1+ing
(-)S+would/should+have+not+been+V1+ing
(?)would/should+S+have+been+V1+ing+?
Example:
(+)By the end of this month I would have been studying English for 3 years.
(-)By the end of this month I wouldn’t have been studying English for 3 years.
(?)Would I have been studying English for 3 years by the end of this month?

-Adj-
(+)S+would/should+have+been+being+adj
(-)S+would/should+have+not+been+being+adj
(?)would/should+S+have+been+being+adj+?
Example:
(+)By last July He should have been being sick
(-)By last July He shouldn’t have been being sick
(?)Should he have been being sick by last July?

Signal Time:
-By last christmas
-By the end of this month